Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Frustraitions with online banking

A few thoughts on the changes at Kinecta

The new site is working more often than before, but it is still frustrating to see;

"This service is temporarily unavailable. Please contact Customer Support if this problem persists."

on the Credit Card page so often. It used to be only once a month during the billing cycle, now it seems to be every week!

It is disappointing, having been a member since 1993, before the name change. I had specifically changed my banking to Hughes to get away from the far worse Bank of America. This latest bit of frustration is making me re-think whether to keep Hughes, now Kinecta, as my primary financial institution.

Shareholder loyalty is a two way street.

I chose to do the online banking because it offered so much.
Finances became much easier to manage.
Lately it has become the source of concern, when critical payments are due and service isn't available.
I opted out of "electronic statements only" because of the uncertainty of the availability of the website. (I have done this for my other online credit union accounts for exactly the same reason).
Also, I am told "electronic statements will "save the planet". Will it save my financial pocket book if I can't access the statement? Saving the planet is nice, but at the expense of my financial security, no.
I like Kinecta, but have been growing frustrated with what seems to be a corporate desire to be like a large bank rather than a Credit Union, serving the shareholders.

I hope the website issues can be fixed soon.

No comments: