Friday, January 27, 2006

Finally it's Friday....and I don't have to be at work tomorrow.

A chance perchance to rest me weary feet from the long toils of the day.

I'm always amazed at how time flies in the evening when I get home. I work like crazy for 10 hours in the day, yet when I get home, those precious 5 hours I have left over go by in a blink! Half of it is just recovery time, the other half is busy time getting ready for the next day.

When I first started working in the working world, I had more time, what happened in between? I know! The cost of living was lower relative to my wage back then.

Hmmmm, inflation as a model for an economy....Lets see. If the demand for products goes up, so does the price. As the prices goes up wages should keep up; except when the economic model is taken to global extreeeemes when major corporations relocate to third world companies thus eliminating jobs domestically, reducing production costs dramatically, and still charging ever higher amounts for products that the now unpaid US workers can ill afford! While competition is healthy there exists the realm of unhealthy competetion which could be equated as corporate greed. The demand for ever lower prices on goods by consumers partly comes about due to wages not following the inflationary pattern of growth. Look at the housing markets to see examples of such a model. Housing prices have soared to dramatic and historic highs while the average wage comes nowhere close to competing. In 10 years the US will be a debtor nation instead of a producer nation with jobs being outsourced and direct living/housing costs pushing workers into bankruptcy.

The model only works if one can control how the game is played, but when other markets play by altoghether different rules, then all the "old model" markets get stuck in a sink or swim situation........




No comments: